We would be delighted if you decided to choose Stowey Church for your wedding ceremony and the following are eligibility guidelines for you or your partner:
- Were baptised in the parish; or
- Had your confirmation entered in a church register in the parish; or
- Have lived in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Have attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Your parent has lived in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Your parent has attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Your parent or grandparent were married in the parish
Some of our wedding couples qualify by attending services for at least six months; attendance of at least once a month is required.
Point of contact
Your first point of contact will be with our Churchwarden, Jill Nicol, who will arrange to meet you and go through many important aspects of your church service and she will offer you some practical help. Jill’s contact details can be found on our contacts page. After this initial meeting, arrangements will be made for you to meet the Rector.
The Church of England has a very detailed website which will give you most of the information you will need – please go to www.yourchurchwedding.org